Throughout New Ulm, many people have been diligently and enthusiastically working to help make it easier and safer for both kids and adults to walk or bike in our community. This includes the Safe Routes to School Planning Team (part of the Coalition for Active, Safe and Healthy Streets), the Community Leadership Team for Hearts Beat Back: The Heart of New Ulm Project, parents and staff from New Ulm Schools and parent-teacher organizations. Thank you!
With help from staff at Brown County and the City of New Ulm, the Safe Routes to School Planning team has created new maps showing the safest walking and biking routes in New Ulm.
Some great ideas to get you going
- Inclement weather? Try these indoor walking options in New Ulm
- Ready to go biking? Check out New Ulm's Safe Bicyling routes and additional bike maps for surrounding locations.
- Check out our Get Involved webpage for local walk/run events
- Road Race - Running Events in Minnesota
- Active- Find Running Races Near You
- Pedal Minnesota
- Bike Alliance of Minnesota
- Have Fun Biking (Minnesota)