Star Fruit Rice Pilaf
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup long grain rice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14 1/2 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
2 star fruit, diced
1/4 cup sliced green onion, with tops
1/4 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds
1. Place olive oil in a large skillet, add rice and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
2. Stir in broth and pepper. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add star fruit; cook 7-10 minutes longer until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
4. Fluff with fork; stir in onions and almonds.
5. If desired, garnish with additional sliced green onions.