Zesty Chicken Pasta
(See notes for preparation below)
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 jar (12 oz) pine nuts
2 C whole wheate penne pasta
2 chicken breasts sliced into bite size
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 carton fresh mushrooms
1 bunch asparagus cut to bite size
2 fresh tomatoes chopped
1 small bag of rinced spinach
1 small can sliced black olives
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
1 C likte zesty italian dressing
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water.
- In a skillet under low heat toast the pine nuts, do not burn, keep the pine nuts moving.
- Add the sliced chicken, garlic and mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Cook thoroughly.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes, black olives. Cook just long enough to make asparagus tender.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice, cook about one minute.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and add italian dressing.
- Add parmesan cheese to taste.