1. Chop all of the vegetables and set aside.
2. Boil and drain noodles per package instructions.
3. Cool under water and set aside.
4. One at a time, soak rice sheets into warm water to soften. Use a shallow dish or pie plate for this step.
5. Lay a rice sheet on a towel covered work surface.
6. Working quickly, place some noodles, vegetables, lettuce, and a few herb leaves on the near side of the rice round.
7. Roll mixture forward (in egg roll fashion) one revolution than add additional vegetables.
8. Tuck ends inward and finish roll.
9. Continue making rolls until ingredients are exhausted.
To make the peanut dipping sauce:
1. In a small sauce pan, simmer lemon grass in the water for 5 minutes, strain out the lemon grass and add remaining ingredients to the water.
2. Whisk well and simmer an additional 5 minutes. If sauce doesn't thicken, whisk for one minute over medium heat.
3. Pour into individual serving cups and serve with spring rolls.