10 ounces of dry whole wheat macaroni (or other whole wheat pasta)
½ cup chopped frozen or fresh broccoli
½ cup chopped bell peppers
½ frozen peas
½ cup onion
½ cup frozen corn
1- 10 ¾ ounce condensed can of low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
1- 10 ¾ ounce condensed can of 98% fat free cream of celery or cream of asparagus
1 cup skim milk
½ cup fat free sour cream
12-ounce can of tuna, chicken or tofu
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of celery salt
2 tablespoons parsley
1. Cook pasta until almost finished. Toss vegetables into pot for a few seconds then drain water and leave in colander. The hot pasta will continue to cook the veggies.
2. Reduce heat on burner to medium.
3. Mix one can of cream of mushroom with one can of cream of celery or cream of asparagus in pot.
4. Fill one of the empty cans two-thirds of the way full with skim milk and combine with soups.
5. Add parsley, celery salt and pepper to sauce.
6. Add fat free sour cream. Mix well and heat thoroughly.
7. When sauce is ready, mix noodles and vegetables into pot. Stir ingredients together and cover pot. Let it set for another 5 minutes and serve.
Yield: 6 servings