4 Tbsp olive oil, divide
3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2- 18 oz cans pineapple chunks
1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
5 Tbsp corn starch
1- 12 oz can water chestnuts, drained
1. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in large wok, add chicken. Heat in wok the chicken until juices run clear.
2. Remove chicken from wok; add additional 2 Tbsp olive oil, red onion and green pepper to wok.
3. When vegetables are cooked through, and are no longer crunchy, add chicken to vegetable mixture in wok, and continue to heat on a low setting.
4. In a separate bowl, add the juice from the canned pineapple with the ketchup, brown sugar and corn starch and mix well.
5. Add the pineapple to the vegetables and chicken in the wok, and coat entire dish with pineapple juice mixture.
6. Allow pineapple sauce to thicken before removing from heat.
Yield: 8 servings