5 lb boneless pork loin
1. Combine parsley, thyme, shallots, garlic and 3 tbsp olive oil in food processor. Pulse until well combined, does not have to be smooth. Set aside.
2. Lay pork loin on cutting board fat side up. Butterfly loin lengthwise until a rectangle is formed. A butcher can also prepare the loin for you.
3. Evenly season pork from end to end with 2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
4. Evenly coat pork loin with parsley/thyme mixture.
5. Tightly roll up seasoned pork loin with butcher string.
6. Season outside of rolled pork loin with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
7. Heat a heavy bottomed roasting pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
8. Sear fat side of pork loin until golden brown. Roll over and brown lead side, then remaining 2 sides.
9. Toss fennel and butternut squash in 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Place seasoned vegetables around browned pork roast.
10. Place in oven and roast for 30-45 minutes, or until 145 degrees F is reached at center. Turn roast every 15 minutes to brown evenly.
11. Remove from oven, place pork on cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Arrange on platter with roasted vegetables.
Yield: 10 servings