1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add 1 tsp macadamia oil, a dash of salt, and couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
3. Fluff the grains with a fork and cool completely.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a small heavy pot over medium heat until a thermometer registers 325 F.
5. Add shallots and fry, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
6. Remove with slotted spoon, drain on towel, and cool completely.
7. In a large bowl, combine couscous, 1 tsp macadamia oil, a dash of salt, and ginger using a fork or your hands.
8. Add pomelo segments, half of the fried shallots, and mint and gently toss to combine.
9. Garnish with the remaining fried shallots and serve.