1 cup wild rice blend
1 cup vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil or other vegetable oil
½ cup dried cherries or raisins
½ cup sliced almonds or cashews
salt and white pepper
onions and/or garlic if desired
1. Mix the salt, pepper, oil, water, broth and rice and take it to a boil (add onions and garlic if desired).
2. Change to low heat, cover and leave it for approximately 30 minutes, when it is almost dry.
3. Add more water if not completely cooked.
4. Toast the nuts lightly (almonds or cashews).
5. Add almonds (or cashews) and cherries (or raisins).
Serve party wild rice with any meat and vegetables (raw and cooked) to make a complete, delicious meal.