15 oz of potato (3 medium potatoes, approximately 2 1/3” x 4 ¾”)
1 cup of broccoli flowerets
2.5 cups 1% milk
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika (or to taste)
2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley to taste (and to garnish)
1. In a large pan with water, boil the potato until tender; drain, then chop potatoes into cubes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour with the salt and cayenne pepper (or paprika). Slowly add the milk, mixing really well.
3. In a saucepan, take the milk and flour mixture to a boil in medium-high heat, stirring non- stop until it comes to a boil; remove from the heat.
4. Mix the milk mixture with half of the chopped potatoes in a blender.
5. Add the rest of the cubed potatoes, the parmesan cheese and half of the parsley.
6. Pour into soup bowls and use the remaining parsley to garnish it.
Yield: 2 servings.