1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1½ cups brown sugar, packed
1 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup craisins
1 cup raisins
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
2 cups plus
1 tablespoon plain, low-fat yogurt (do not substitute with fat-free yogurt)
¼ cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º F for baking. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk in brown sugar and oats; stir in craisins and raisins, and baking chips.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the yogurt and oil until combined; add to the flour mixture to form dough.
4. Drop by even spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for approximately 19 minutes, or until cookies are firm. Do not over bake; these cookies are naturally darker in appearance.
6. Allow cookies to cool for a for a few minutes on baking pan; then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Yield: Approximately 30 cookies.