2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white & green parts only, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
2 14-ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
1 2-pound roast chicken, skin discarded, meat removed
from bones and shredded (4 cups)
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
4. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
5. Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. Serve hot.