1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp sugar (white or brown)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup egg beaters
1 tbsp canola oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of butternut squash, boiled, diced (to boil squash: place it in large pan with water, then after cooking, take off skin and seeds)
8 tbsp vanilla yogurt
2 apples, diced small
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a blender, mix the liquid ingredients (milk, egg beaters, canola oil and vanilla extract) and the cooked butternut squash.
3. Mix well the dry ingredients with the liquid ones in a bowl.
4. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium, and pour with a small ladle each serving of pancake to cook. Flip each pancake once bubbles are showing, to cook the other side too. Repeat the same for each pancake. Set aside each one once cooked.
5. Serve each pancake warm with 1 tbsp of vanilla yogurt and ¼ of an apple, diced. Add finally the cinnamon.