2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup long grain brown rice
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
10 ounces low sodium chicken broth
10 ounces water
4 scallions finely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid, over medium heat
2. Add rice to the heated oil, cook for about 2 minutes until lightly toasted stirring occasionally
3. Stir in the liquid, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer
4. Cover and cook for 50 minutes without lifting the lid
5. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with scallions and dried fruit over top of rice without stirring. Squeeze juice from the lemon over top of the rice.
6. Replace lid and let rice rest for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Yield: 2 Servings