1 cup brown rice
1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
Directions for Brown Rice
1. Combine 1 cup brown rice and 2 cups of water into a small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, medium-low and cover.
3. Let rice simmer for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
4. Fluff rice with a fork.
Directions for Chicken (To be made while rice is simmering)
1. Heat large skillet on medium high heat and add 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
2. Add cubed chicken, ground garlic, dried thyme, and black pepper to the skillet.
3. Add broccoli to the skillet and cook covered for 2 minutes.
4. Add low sodium chicken broth to the skillet.
5. Slowly add whole wheat flour to skillet.
6. Cook until sauce thickens and chicken is done.
7. Serve over brown rice.