1. Remove core from cabbage. Remove 12 cabbage leaves, cover with boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until leaves are limp; then drain it.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, 2 tsp of sage, cumin and garlic, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Stir in shredded cabbage, carrots, and beans.
3. Place 1/4 cup bean mixture at stem end of cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around bean mixture, tucking in sides. Place cabbage rolls, seam sides down, in ungreased baking dish. Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Remove cabbage rolls from baking dish, keep warm.
5. Drain liquid from baking dish, reserving 1/2 cup. Gradually stir milk into cornstarch in saucepan until smooth. Stir in reserved liquid and 1 tsp sage.
6. Heat to boiling over medium heat for 1 minute.
7. Serve sauce over cabbage rolls; sprinkle each serving with 1 Tbsp cheese.