¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup 1% milk
1 medium or large apple
3 tbsp maple syrup
6 tbsp non fat plain yogurt
1.5 cup of berries of your choice (fresh or frozen)
Optional: 1 tbsp of confectioner sugar to garnish
1. Beat the eggs by hand or with a mixer.
2. Mix the flours, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder.
3. Add the milk to the eggs, then to the flour mixture.
4. Peel the apple, then core it and cube it.
5. Mix the cubed apple in the pancake batter.
6. Heat a medium skillet over high heat, then spray it with oil spray, very lightly.
7. Place half the batter in three medium circles, and let it cook for a minute or so in one side. Then flip them to cook a little more in the other side. Set it aside in a plate. Then, repeat with the rest of the batter.
8. When ready to serve the pancakes, serve it with the maple syrup, then yogurt, then berries on top.
9. To garnish, use the confectioner sugar on top of berries, just lightly.
Yield: 3 servings